Loughman Oaks Elementary School PBS Plan
Our school wide expectations are:
P.R.I.D.E. stands for:
- Positive Attitude
- Respectful Behavior
- Independent Thinking
- Dedication to Safety
- Engaged in Learning
Philosophy of Positive Behavior Support:
- Loughman Oaks Elementary is a Positive Behavior Support (PBS) School. Positive Behavior Support teaches students appropriate behavior and rewards appropriate behavior. PBS is proactive.
- The object of PBS is to encourage appropriate behavior in order to provide a safe and orderly learning environment that promotes excellence in all things.
PBS is based on three assumptions:
- 1. Identifying and teaching expected behaviors.
- 2. Reinforcing and rewarding expected behaviors.
- 3. Enforcing consistent meaningful consequences when violations of the expected behaviors occur.
How does PBS work?
- Students learn about school wide expectations in the classroom and around school from the first day of school and throughout the school year. Our school wide expectations are P.R.I.D.E. (Positive Attitude, Respectful Behavior, Independent Thinking, Dedication to Safety, and Engaged in Learning).
- Expectations are taught and followed throughout the school.
- All faculty members model the PBS expectations.
- Students are rewarded for using the appropriate behavior expectations.
- Students earn a reward called a “Hoot-n-Holler” when they go above and beyond making good choices.
- When students earn a certain amount of “Hoot-n-Hollers” by a given date, they get to participate in reward days. Reward days are each month and are always something different. We have had things such as crazy hat and sock day, sport day, End of year Carnival, favorite book character day, movie and game board day, Winter Wonderland, Dog show event, etc.
- As the students earn a “Hoot-n-Holler” the child will put the white copy of the card in the Owl Tree located in the Cafeteria by the stage. We will have a drawing each month and put the winners names on the ITV morning program. The 10 student’s names from the owl tree drawing will receive a prize at the end of the month.