2015 Title I Parent Involvement Survey is now online for your use at http://goo.gl/9rZymF. Please note that this link IS case sensitive. The survey window will be open from today until 27 March 2015. There are three languages for parents to choose from: English, Spanish, or Haitian Creole. Any other language requests must be handled individually. I have attached an updated instruction sheet for your use, and a 2”x4” shipping label can be provided for each student upon request that contains the goo.gl address above.
Parent Involvement Programs Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Explanation of State and District Test Scores
Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics Overview
This fact sheet provides information regarding grades 3–10 ELA and grades 3–8 mathematics assessments that measure student achievement of the Florida Standards. For information on FSA End-of-Course (EOC) assessments, see the 2016–17 FSA End-of-Course Assessments Fact Sheet.
Students to Be Tested in 2016–17
•Students enrolled in grades 3–10 will participate in FSA ELA assessments
- All students will participate in ELA Reading.
- Students enrolled in grades 4–10 will also participate in ELA Writing.
- Retained Grade 10 or Grades 11–12 students who have not yet passed the Grade 10 ELA assessment willparticipate in the ELA Retake assessment.
•Students enrolled in grades 3–8 will participate in FSA Mathematics assessments.
- In accordance with Section 1008.22(3)(b)1, Florida Statutes, middle grades students will not be testedon both FSA Mathematics and a mathematics EOC assessment. Students enrolled in Algebra 1,Geometry, or Algebra 2 must take the corresponding EOC assessment, not the grade-level mathematicsassessment.
Below is a link to a document that helps you understand your child’s FSA scores:
Loughman Oaks Test Schedule
|Test||Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5|
|FSA Writing||Feb 28||Feb 28|
|FSA Reading||March 28-29||April 18-19||April 20-21|
|FSA Math||May 2-3||April 11-12||April 25-26|
|FL Science||May 2-3|
Useful Links & Resources
- School Improvement Plan
- School Parent Involvement Plan (Click on link)
- School-Parent Compact Espanol (Click on link)
- School PIP Summary Espanol (Click on link)
- Right to Know Letters ( English, Espanol, and Hatian) (Click on link)
- Parent Information Resource Center (PIRC) letter
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan Summary Espanol Haitian Creole
- District Title I Parent Involvement Plan
- District Title I Page
- District Website
- Parent University
- 2016-2017 Parent Guide