Parent Involvement Programs Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Would you like to know more about your child’s current curriculum?
Clink on the link below to discover what your child is being taught this year and what they are expected to achieve:
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Explanation of State and District Test Scores
Florida Standards Assessments (FSA) English Language Arts (ELA) and Mathematics Overview
This fact sheet provides information regarding grades 3–10 ELA and grades 3–8 mathematics assessments that measure student achievement of the Florida Standards. For information on FSA End-of-Course (EOC) assessments, see the 2016–17 FSA End-of-Course Assessments Fact Sheet.
Students to Be Tested in 2017–18
•Students enrolled in grades 3–10 will participate in FSA ELA assessments
- All students will participate in ELA Reading.
- Students enrolled in grades 4–10 will also participate in ELA Writing.
- Retained Grade 10 or Grades 11–12 students who have not yet passed the Grade 10 ELA assessment willparticipate in the ELA Retake assessment.
•Students enrolled in grades 3–8 will participate in FSA Mathematics assessments.
- In accordance with Section 1008.22(3)(b)1, Florida Statutes, middle grades students will not be testedon both FSA Mathematics and a mathematics EOC assessment. Students enrolled in Algebra 1,Geometry, or Algebra 2 must take the corresponding EOC assessment, not the grade-level mathematicsassessment.
Below is a link to a document that helps you understand your child’s FSA scores:
Loughman Oaks Test Schedule
|Test||Grade 3||Grade 4||Grade 5|
Useful Links & Resources
- School Improvement Plan
- School Parent Engagement Plan (Click on link)
- School Parent Engagement Plan Summary (Click on link)
- School Parent Engagement Plan Summary Espanol (Click on link)
- School-Parent Compact Espanol (Click on link)
- Right to Know Letters (English) (Click on link)
- Right to Know Letter (Espanol)(Click on link)
- Parent Information Resource Center (PIRC) letter
- District Title I Parent Engagement Plan Summary Espanol Haitian Creole
- District Title I Parent Engagement Plan
- District Title I Page
- District Website
- Parent University
- 2016-2017 Parent Guide